Dentists

Dentist-Stephen McGarr
Dentist-Stephen McGarr

Stephen McGarr – 194 High St Tel: 465-5358  462-8025.  He is known as the “Singing Dentist”.  The second you are laid down in the chair he will hum all the AM favorites!

I remember having to go to him for a filling.  I was probably 8 years old.  I had a filling prior to this appointment and had the gas.  Those of you who had the gas know what I am talking about.  If I did LSD I would imaging it would be a similiar experience.   Well on this day I wanted nothing to do with fillings and ran out of the office like a school girl screaming.  Later I received the needle and tolerated that better!  Dr Stephen McGarr is a  dentist to remember.

6 Responses to Dentists

1. Your right …he did humm! Drove me nuts…Now I go to a different NBPT dentist !

J. Frost February 20, 2010 at 2:45 pm Reply
  2. Dr. McGarr is now retired and sold his practice. It now operates as Dental partners of Newburyport.

mr February 23, 2010 at 3:37 pm Reply
  3. Does anyone know when he first started his practice in NBPT and when he retired?

Shawn G Moderator February 24, 2010 at 11:45 pm Reply
  4. Don’t know when he started but he retired about a year and a half ago.

mr February 25, 2010 at 3:02 pm Reply
  5. I went to both Dr. McGarr and Dr. Gerald Hirsch before relocating to South Florida in 1991. Both were excellent.

Rollie September 12, 2011 at 5:07 pm Reply
  6. Did anyone else see Dr . Malcolm Malloy? He operated his practice out of a big old brick house on High Street in the 1960s and ’70s. He was a good dentist, and very gentle.

MT May 23, 2019 at 6:54 pm Reply