Wanted

NEW
2. Photo of Mayor Bossy Gillis’s grave from a few angles and approximate location within St Mary’s Cemetery on Storey Ave..  I need this for a future post!   You can upload it or email me questions at nbptma.com.  Thank you!

1. Who can photograph the gravesite of Duncan Chase the “‘I’m a Cool Cool Cat!”?  Locate It

Photo credit will be given.

Thank you JOHN FROST for photographing the tombstone of the Coolest Cat In Town!

Go to Notable Characters to see more

Duncan Chase Old Hill Burying Ground

Duncan Chase Old Hill Burying Ground

This entry was posted on Monday, October 27th, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 Responses to “Wanted”

1. Kerri-Lee [Eaton] Berry on August 6th, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Melvin Russell use to chase the girls around and say I want to Buck you in the bushes!!!! he was scary when you were little but as you got older you realized he was harmless. And I and My son was born In the anna jaques hospital,almost in the same room 22 years apart. Love me some N.B.P.T> another quote that all the hippies who hung in front of the ymca was LOVE is the word!!!!

2. Jim Nicholson on May 15th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Hi Shawn,

I saw you were looking for some images of Bossy Gillis. Fred Elwell has a nice page along with pics at findagrave.com

take care, Jim

3. Shawn G - Moderator on May 25th, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Hi Jim I will check it out!

4. Karon on August 16th, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Oh my goodness! I just saw this and am psyched that Duncan got a nice grave stone. I have fond memories of Duncan breaking the jewelry store window in the winter so he would get arrested and be put in a ‘warm’ jail cell during the winter. What a sweet drunk he was. Thanks for posting this!!! Duncan will always be a ‘Cool cat!’ in my book.

5. MARK EALY on July 13th, 2014 at 11:37 pm

wow wow wow iam a kool kool cat i rember Duncan chase in my living room when i was akid i rember the day he died hooly shit iam soo touched by this i have some old photos of nbpt i grew up at 78 wáter Street across from mass elctric i live in mexico now i close my eyes and see the wáter front hanging at joppa flats digging clams i rember when the where building the wáter treatment plant and digging old bean pots out and playing at the tannery in the leatherpiles from mark ealy email at mark ealy.me@gmail.com

6. Cathleen Schoepflin (Cathy) on September 25th, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I remember the interesting character Christopher Michael. That was all I knew of his name as I was probably 9 or 10 years old, but you just knew he was an artist of some sort and, well, interesting. I have a copy of a book of poems that he wrote that my mother gave to me, blue cover, A Deluge of Stars…

I met Edward Connery Latham when my mother, Alice Schoepflin/Frantz, was working in Scott Jackson’s gallery. Mr. Latham was so tall, lanky and dapper wearing a tweedish jacket and pant and a clever tie of maybe the bow-type. He was the editor of a collection of his friend Robert Frost’s poems – I will always cherish that memory of this regal old gentleman and his connection to Robert Frost. Scott Jackson painted his portrait, so lovely (as all of Scott’s work is!)