Rumors True or False?

Do you have any and can you confirm any below?

That Billy Joel bought a brick home on High St between the Federal and Fruit St area. Locate It

Elliot Easton of the cars was seen walking into and dining at Scandia.

Jay Schadler, Reporter has a home in Newburyport, actually Plum Island. This was true in the mid to late 90’s.

Salisbury Ma a 50″s contemporary home on Pleasant Street was an after party spot for Barry Manilow one night after he played The Frolics Ballroom. Did Barry actually play the The Frolics? Source: from prior owner’s son. Locate It

Atkinson Common – The soldier statue’s rifle was bent for many years during the 70’s and into the 80’s. If I didn’t hear it first hand, I couldn’t know the answer to this. Who bent the rifle? Would you believe a former Mayor of Newburyport’s son? Add one wedding, a few spirits and you’ll learn a great deal more about this city among other things. I’ll take it to my grave unless he tells me otherwise. This is TRUE! The rifle barrel has since been straightened. AZ 🙂

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 15th, 2008 and is filed under Rumors. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 Responses to “Rumors True or False?”

1. Fav on July 20th, 2008 at 10:36 pm

Son of a former mayor of NBPT ? Easy, Sully. Or, more formally, Sullivan. 1st name, sorry, I ain’t not rat.

2. dmeaton on October 1st, 2008 at 8:48 pm

I don’t know if Barry played the Frolics but I do know that Aerosmith and Santana did

3. D.A.Kuse on October 2nd, 2008 at 8:26 am

That is True Jay Schadler lived on Plum Island he did a segment on HitchHike Across America ..starting form his home on Plum Island ,I believe it was for Primetime or 20/20…but I met him at Walmarts in Seabrook NH with his son..he more handsom in life..and I flubbed all up and said I love you on Dateline.and of corse he corrected me ..but is a nice Guy and I talk to him and his son for a few minutes…

4. p.j. nichypor on September 4th, 2009 at 2:05 am

It’s true. Jackie Pramburg did in fact drive his car into the Merrimack at Flatiron Point. He seemed terribly anxious that I stopped and took photos of the vehicle in the water. Almost like he and the police officer that showed up had other plans. Still have the photos…

5. p.j. nichypor on September 4th, 2009 at 2:26 am

Actor Cliff Robertson kept an airplane with Luftwaffe insignias at Plum Island air field in the late 60’s… ” You could look it up “… And was it Robert Redford who tied up at Tournament Wharf one day? Howard Shore the music director for Saturday Night Live back in the late 70’s, did spend some time at a local Plum Island home on Old Point Rd. There really was a former U.S. submarine docked behind the Starb’d Galley in the early 60’s, (USS Haddock). Plum Island wasn’t the only place to have an airport. Reardon’s was where the industrial park is now. The current US Coast Guard station was built as a replacement for the one at the mouth of the Merrimack because that one was so close to tumbling into the water due to severe errosion.

6. p.j. nichypor on September 4th, 2009 at 2:29 am

Were Byron and Myra really “making it in Massachusetts”?

7. Bill Shaheen on August 21st, 2016 at 8:21 pm

I remember Robertson’s plane……..a ME 108……the predecessor to the famous ME 109 of WWII…..never saw it fly; but I recall one morning while hanging around the airport I was asked to take a few photos of another local german relic – a restored Storcht WWII reconnaissance glider – while it was airborne…………..So I grabbed my camera and went up as passenger in a glider’s tow plane – whence we were 500 feet above the airborne Storcht glider……….I managed to snap a couple of rolls out the open cockpit using my trusty Nikon F-2 35mm camera………. ended up with wonderful photos of the glider backdropped by the marshes below…………..